My adventure started with the search for a pair of comfortable shoes for long walks, waterproof, good-looking, and suited for trails, with solid grip so I wouldn't slip, that part was essential.
After an exhausting search, I finally found the perfect pair, or at least that's what I thought.
The first time I wore them, it was raining. I thought, "Perfect, let's test right away whether they're really waterproof." It wasn't raining much, but just enough to get them wet, and by the time I got home, my toes were soaked and freezing. Waterproof? A plastic bag would've done a better job, and cost less too.
Still, I decided to try them out on a trail, after all, that was the main feature I cared about, the grip.
It had rained the day before, and the path was muddy and slippery. As I started climbing a narrow trail, wide enough for only one person at a time, disaster struck.
I could barely walk, the shoes slid around so much they might as well have had butter on the soles. One step forward, two steps back. At one point I even considered going barefoot, but that meant carrying them, and I needed my hands free to grab onto whatever I could to avoid tumbling down the slope.
It was a challenging walk, between slips, muddy clothes, muddy hands, mud absolutely everywhere.
By the time I got back to the car, I looked at those shoes, a well-known international brand, expensive, "waterproof", in my dreams, and with "great trail grip", now that was a good joke.
After a few more walks, I finally found the one surface where they actually do have good grip, walking around the shopping mall. Just be careful, if the floor is wet, you're guaranteed to skate.
Would you like to have a session with me? Take a look at my website and choose.
| Website |
