I love massages, so I decided to treat myself to one. The setting was lovely, surrounded by nature and completely quiet.
Before starting, I asked to use the bathroom, but there wasn't one.
The massage itself went well, with warm, scented oils. Afterwards, I cleaned up as best I could, since there was no shower available either. I left thanking the therapist.
Since I was in another city, I decided to take a walk and see a bit of the area before heading back to Leiria.
Within minutes, the smell of the oils started to bother me, and it seemed to actually get stronger. I ignored it and kept walking. But the smell kept getting worse. I thought it might just be my imagination and carried on, covering my nose with a tissue.
People kept looking at me and stepping away. After about 15 minutes, I gave up, the smell was genuinely unbearable, I couldn't take it anymore.
I rushed back to the car to start the drive home, which, despite the cold, I did with the windows down just so I could breathe. By that point, even my clothes reeked.
After a shower and clean clothes, I could still smell it on me. Even the car ended up smelling of it, though thankfully that faded over the following days.
To fellow professionals: a genuine tip, please don't overdo it with essential oils. No nose can survive that.
Would you like to have a session with me? Take a look at my website and choose.
| Website |
.png)