Short trail and long trail

in July 2, 2021

On one of my walks, I came to a sign with the following information: short trail and long trail.

In the distance, on the long trail, a group of scouts was coming, kids of about 11 years old. I thought, if they're coming that way, it must be the easy one, so I'll take the short trail, how hard can it be...

Oh, ignorance!

I was completely wrong. The climb was steep, but I made it up, stopping a few times to admire the view, which was undeniably beautiful.

At some point, I was going up more on my hands, with my backside in the air, than actually walking. The path got steeper and harder.

Always climbing, and no longer pausing to admire the view, just focused on reaching the top, which I hoped would come soon. I kept thinking how much better off I'd be playing cards, or sitting at home, or even if I'd just chosen the long trail instead of the "short trail."

After climbing for a good few minutes that felt like hours, I was already considering calling a helicopter to come rescue me, stranded on that hill, unable to get down except by rolling all the way to the bottom.

I kept going, thinking to myself that whoever put up that sign must be rolling around laughing, just picturing the poor souls who chose the short trail.

Anyway...

After a solid half hour, or more (honestly, I never checked the time, only the path that kept refusing to end), I reached the top of the hill and the climb finally leveled out. I looked around to see if I could spot the joker who'd put up that sign, but he'd probably laughed so hard he'd rolled down the hill himself.

I made it! I took a deep breath, shook out my hands, which had spent more time on the ground than upright, took a moment to rest, and chose to head back down the normal path.

For a good few years, nobody invite me on any short trails.

Hahahahaha

But I did it! Phew!


me, myself and I

playing cards

ladybug

 Would you like to have a session with me? Take a look at my website and choose.

Website