An almighty tragedy!

in September 24, 2026

I didn't see this one coming!

When I picked up a call from this client, in his 60s and a friend, I learned of a tragedy that had befallen him.

When he arrived, he looked devastated and visibly shaken. He kept saying he didn't know what he was going to do, how he could possibly solve a situation that had no solution...

I was trying to figure out what had actually happened. Had there been an accident? Was it something at work?

He kept repeating that he'd been going there for more than 40 years. Still not understanding, I asked, "Going where?"

He carried on mumbling that he was lost, that he didn't know where to go now, that he'd be left without anyone to do it for him, that this shouldn't have happened...

Still none the wiser, I tried to calm him down and, eventually, get to the bottom of this so called tragedy.

That's when he said, "I went to my usual appointment today and found out he'd passed away!"

Me: "But who? Your doctor?"

He looked at me, eyes wide open, and said, in a raised voice, "No! My barber! My barber, who's cut my hair for more than 40 years, has died! And now where am I supposed to go? He knew exactly how I liked it cut, he was always the one I went to, and now what?"

In disbelief, I looked at him and blurted out, "But you're bald!"

He looked at me, furious, and said, "I still have these hairs!", tugging at half a dozen strands that were barely visible.

I made a superhuman effort to hold back the laughter that kept threatening to break through.

Oh dear, what an almighty tragedy!

 

 Would you like to have a session with me? Take a look at my website and choose.

Website